Sitting outside Borders on a beautiful sunshiney day in Destin at the Pier Park Shopping Center with my handsome husband... several books and magazines waiting on me to pick them up, John Mayer playing overhead, a little bit of people watching and a belly full of pizza (and baby for that matter!) Could it get anymore relaxing?! We've had the best time so far! I told BJ that as much as I miss Hudson, I needed a few days to take of my mommy shorts and just be a wife for a weekend. Sometimes being both and being both well is a bit difficult.
Today over lunch Beej and I talked about things we're looking forward to being able to do as a family when the boys are a bit older....
-family vacations
-family mission trips and community ministry
-family devotions each morning
-watching them play together....throwing baseballs, playing basketball, chasing eachother and wrestling
-watching Hudson teach Greyson how to do things
-helping them learn scripture verses
-taking them to the park
-family camping trips (even just in the back yard - which we don't technically have right now in the apartment..... darn logistics)
-cooking together
-swimming
-teaching them how to play guitar
-piling on the couch together and watching movies or saturday cartoons
-going to football games
The list goes on and on. Funny how when we're supposed to be taking a weekend "off" we can't help but talk about them!
Pictures of our weekend to come! I'm going to go read some of The Strong Willed Child by James Dobson and The Spiritual Secrets of Hudson Taylor by Dr. and Mrs. Howard Taylor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
this blog needs more pictures!
ReplyDeleteyou know what i'm looking forward to? our family gatherings getting bigger and bigger...you're definitely doing your part :)