Well, it looks as though I will be having a baby bright and early Monday morning! So far, there are no signs of the little mister coming before that. But I'm definitely ok with that at this point. Though I am SO ready for him to come, I'm a planner and the thought of not being surprised by my water breaking or not having to wonder when's the right time to go to the hospital is very appealing to me!!
I'm so curious to look at this little boy and to see how different or the same he will be as Hudson! Two days prior to delivery, I'm feeling a bit more relaxed than last time, a bit more confident at the thought of bringing a new baby home with me. As I read my Bible reading this morning (the first 2 chapters of Joshua) I found I little index card from when Huds was 2 weeks with a prayer (or a plea) to God expressing how overwhelmed I was feeling, sad, lonely, emotional. I know the "Baby Blues" is a real thing and I'm sure my hormones were doing crazy things at the time. But I remember praying and asking God to give me joy, confidence and courage in spite of what my body was doing. I remember that being a turning point in how I felt, physically and emotionally. I was so worried and nervous and scared about doing everything right with Huds those first few weeks. And I believe God really lifted me up in those days. Feeling "blue" after a baby is one of those things people don't talk about. But I definitely was for those first 3 or 4 weeks or so and I'm so thankful that God overcame that in me. I remember loving Hudson so much and wanting so badly to succeed as a mom. I'm praying that God spares me of those feelings this time. But I know that should I be spared of the blues this time around, it is only because the Lord controls my body.
I'm so thankful for Greyson. What a gift he is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment